KKV Kreations

KKV Kreations
Online party decoration store

My Etsy Store

My Etsy Store
Here is the link to the items for sale in my Etsy Store. Click on the picture above to be taken to my Etsy Store to shop for unique handmade items including invitations, party packages, centerpieces, greeting cards, etc

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mother of the Bride page layout




I was asked to make a scrapbook page that can be framed for a customer who wants to give as a gift to a friend of her mother whose daughter just got engaged. She contacted me because she loves what she called my "little people" or the paper dolls from some of my other projects. This took some thought because there is nothing specifically for Mother of the Bride. I honestly do not think I could have created this project without my Gypsy. The greatest thing is as things come to you for a project you can add to the design at any time and save it until you are ready to cut! I used the Mother from one of the cake cartridges my husband has and then I welded of the bride letters together. Making a "motherly" looking doll was my challenge but I used the hair and shawl from Mrs Santa Claus (who looks more motherly than her?) I am happy with the result and the color combination. I will add some glitter to make it pop. She said she will frame it as a gift.

The coolest thing was cutting all the pieces of the paper dolls in one shot on the mat. It took a few minutes to figure out the paper but I looked at the mat as 4 sections of 6 x 6 and then one section for the little pieces I had 4 3 x 3 squares in it. The other 3 sections had full 6 x 6 pieces and voila. Its fun to watch the Cricut jump all over the page and cut out the pieces but in one shot, no loading each color and figuring out which piece to cut next....I am spoiled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment